By Allie Erwin
The LSU Museum Store is stocked full of unique, unforgettable gifts that will help your holiday shopping this season. We offer many handmade items that support local artist and give back to the community. You are sure to find the perfect gift for any and all family members, friends, and co-workers. We have a wide variety of stocking stuffers, ornaments, and heartwarming gifts that range from jewelry and kitchen appliances to scarves and wall art for the home.
1. Leopold Frilot is a self-pronounced wood-worker and Louisiana native. He incorporates a smooth style to his kitchen boards and wine stoppers that complete any kitchen. ($35-40).
2. A great gift for the biggest LSU fan on your list is Leroy Neiman's Portrait of the Tiger poster. This 20 1/2" x 20 1/2" poster is an ensemble of bright colors that stand out from the moment it is unwrapped. ($25, unframed)
3. Overjoy the cat lover in your life with a gift from our cat collection. There are plenty of items to choose from including beautifully hand-painted wooden cat boxes in a variety of colors and designs to choose from, ($16) the best-selling cat scarf, ($20) the book, “The Life and Love of Cats” ($50).
4. A unique gift LSU MOA provides is fused-glass jewelry from artist Mimi Fowler. These pieces are individually created, assuring you that you are giving the most special person the most special gift. They will fall in love with the fun designs of the necklaces ($20) and the eye-catching earrings. You can also purchase Mimi’s decorative ornaments, which make a perfect gift for your secret Santa. ($9-12)
5. Give the gift of relaxation and serenity with our Sweet T collection, created and hand crafted locally by Terry Moock. Choose from a variety of carved soaps with designs of fleur de lis, light pink flamingos, and engraved bars created with scents that please any nose ($6). Sweet T also makes a supply of pink bath salts ($15) and smooth lotions ($10) to pair with the soaps.
6. Fall for the stunningly exquisite pottery by Therese Knowles and show off your holiday meals in a ceramic dish made with love. Each piece is one-of-a-kind and includes bowls and cups in a variety of sizes. (small bowls $40-60, large bowls $300, and cups $30-35)
Our store hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 12-5 p.m., Thursday 12-8 p.m., and Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m. Our staff will gladly assist you in completing your holiday shopping by giving you the best gifts of the season!
Allie Erwin is a student worker in the LSU MOA communications department.